Other Local Permits
California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB):
- Contact: Phyllis Grillo, Director, University Affairs, Ceremonies, and Events, 831-582-4141
Elkhorn Slough Reserve
Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Media Contact: Emerson Brown
- Phone: 831-647-6856
- Email: EBrown@mbayaq.org
- Website: https://newsroom.montereybayaquarium.org/contact/location-filming
Monterey Regional Airport
- Contact: Ken Griggs, Operations Manager
- Phone: 831-648-7000, ext. 221
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 831-648-7021
- Website: www.montereyairport.com
- Address: 200 Fred Kane Drive, #200, Monterey, CA 93940
Fees: Various permit or licensing rates.
Moss Landing Harbor
- Contact: Tommy Razzeca, General Manager/Harbor Master
- Phone: 831-633-5417
- Email: email@example.com
Fees: $3,000 – $50,000 depending on property (i.e., hotel, golf course, 17-Mile Drive, etc.).
Special Requirements: A written description of project details, dates, times, storyboard, etc. is requested at least three weeks in advance. Filming requests for weekends and summer months are difficult to grant due to high tourist season. Permit fees waived for most promotional/tourism projects. Some product categories restricted due to sponsorship fulfillments.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Fees: $6,000+ daily for exclusive track; $900+ daily for paddock area only. Weekend rates higher. Other fees apply.
Special Requirements: Special rental permit form; $5-million minimum insurance; damage deposit; specific safety requirements.
Please contact the Monterey County Film Commission at 831-646-0910 (cell: 831-594-9410) or email Film Commissioner Karen Nordstrand at Karen@FilmMonterey.org in advance of any filming to register the project, receive filming guidelines and tips, and to be advised of any changes in the following information.
The Monterey County Film Commission does not issue permits, but we are happy to help direct you to the appropriate jurisdictions which you’ll find listed within this section.