Casting Background Extras to work in a movie
Open Casting Call News for filming in the Monterey Area
Actively seeking Men and Women of all shapes, sizes and ethnicities (over the age of 18, to work as Non Union (non Screen Actors Guild) Background Extras on a new project.
- Date: Sunday, May 1, 2016
- Time: (between the hours) 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Embassy Suites -- Monterey Bay Seaside
1441 Canyon Del Rey, Seaside, CA 93955
(Please...NO PHONE calls to hotel)
Meet in Laguna Grande D Ballroom
Please bring with you a current 3x5 size photo of yourself, a pen, and a great attitude. They will be filming in May 2016 in the Monterey area. There is pay for this project if/when you are hired to work. The rate is $80 for 8 hours, and overtime starts after the 8th hour (you should plan on making yourself available for the entire day or night). Meals will be provided while working.
There are no fees of any kind to work on this project.
Camera-ready Big Sur... It’s hard to be more picture-perfect than Big Sur in the spring, with green grass, wildflowers, and the dramatic ocean vistas and crashing waves. For location details, contact Karen Nordstrand in the MCFC office, Karen@FlmMonterey.org.
- Film Commission Elects Kathleen Eckerson to Board of Directors
The Monterey County Film Commission board of directors has elected Kathleen Eckerson to serve a three-year term on the board.
Eckerson is a wealth management advisor and owner of Suddenly Single Wealth Management® in Pebble Beach. She has a diverse background in economic development from senior management and consultant roles with the City of Fresno and County of Fresno, as well as the County of Monterey.
- Application time closed for the 2016 program. The scholarship winner will be announced in May for the Monterey County Film Commission’s Director Emeritus Richard Tyler Film Student Scholarship Awards Program.
Caltrans Road/Project Information MORE DETAILS